A National Archaeological Park towards the east of Cusco, Tipon covers about 2.200 hectares of area in the district of Oropesa, in the province of Quispicanchis. The pueblo is actually on the asphalted road from Cusco to Puno, at kilometer 18, on the other side of the Watanay brook. It is about 5km. away from the main archaeological monument, which is actually another half kilometer off the path. In the pueblo of Tipón, you can see an extraordinary colonial mansion that stands out. That was the property of the Marquesses of San Lorenzo de Shady Valle (1650-1802), is without a doubt, the most important inheritance from the colony and is now completely abandoned.
Pikillaqta actually means “flea town” in Quechu; "piki" = flea, "llaqta" = town. But that is not even the original name of the pueblo or the lake of the same name. It is unknown where that particular denomination came from, though it seems to have been called that since the last years of the colonization or at the beginning of the republic. Many historians actually refer to the place as either "Muyuna" (curve or return), "Muyna" or "Mohina".
Located at about 40 kilometers from the city of Cusco, at 3,100 meters, the original name of Andahuaylillas was Antawaylla, though it was later changed to adapt to Spanish tongues. Whats more, when a town of the same name was created in the province of Apurimac, the name was changed minutely to avoid confusion. Because it is surrounded by mountains on all sides, the climate is surprisingly warm and because it sits next to the Vilcanota River (lower down that becomes the Urubamba River) it is rather green and fertile throughout the year. The people who live in the area are said to be privelaged and for that reason they are tranquil and happy.
Pool service: $ 30.00 per person
Net price non-Commissionable
Includes IGV tax
Note: this price is considering that each passenger has a tourist ticket for the entrance